Welcome to our Telehealth program. Acacia Family Medical Group is now conducting most visits through video call. These visits are much the same as a regular visit in the office. We are using Updox for this service. See the details below. Please check ahead of the visit to test the technology. Call us to help if you are not sure.
Our staff are here to assist. You will have the piece of mind of a medical visit without having to leave home. If for any reason the technology does not work for a video call with you, we can also try Zoom or in some cases Skype or Facetime, not the first choice since they have not been fully certified for HIPAA privacy.
Device Compatibility (for Updox)
Supported Devices: Note: While we have tested these devices internally, there may be other devices that are compatible with Video Chat. Samsung: Galaxy s7 and up One Plus 3t and up Google: Pixel 3+ Apple: iphone 7+ and up
Supported Browsers: Chrome: Windows, Mac, and Android Firefox: Windows, Mac, and Android Safari: IOS 11+ and Mac OS 10.10+
Not supported: Note: While we have tested these devices internally, there may be other devices that are not compatible with Video Chat. Amazon Fire Tablets IOS 10 or Below iPhone 6 and below. Microsoft Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge
Again, if you are not able to use one of the supported devices, call us for help - please try to install Zoom if so
Troubleshooting (for Updox)
Troubleshooting for iOS: Enable the microphone and camera for IOS 13+ If you are still unable to see yourself in the video feed, you may need to try a few things in the following order:
- Restart the Safari browser app
- Confirm that your camera is not broken. We recommend trying your camera with FaceTime.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the camera and is clean of any dirt or smudges
On iOS 13 and up, you can also select the camera and microphone to be enabled by default. 1. Go to Settings on your device 2. Scroll down and open Safari tab 3. Ensure Camera & Microphone are set to Allow 4. Ensure Request Desktop Site option is turned off
Troubleshooting for Android: Enable the camera for Chrome on Android To change settings for all sites:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap “More Settings”.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Site settings. 4. Tap the permission you want to update.
To change settings for a specific site: You can allow or block permissions for a specific site. The site will use its settings instead of the default settings.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Go to a website.
- To the right of the address bar, tap “More Info” .
- Tap Site settings.
- To make a change, under “Permissions,” tap a setting. If you don’t see a “Permissions” section, the site doesn’t have any specific permissions.
If the text link to Updox Video Chat will not open the interface, copy the link and paste it into Google Chrome.